Saturday, May 06, 2006

Computer Woes


I wanted to let you all know that I’ve been having computer problems this week. All this blogging may be wearing my poor computer out! On Wednesday night it suddenly began making quacking noises…like a very old duck….and then froze…and I mean solid! I had to push the button to put it out of its misery…there was no mouse, no task bar, no ctrl-alt-delete….it was having a seizure!
In times like these I always call my son, who luckily, is a computer softwear engineer. His best advice was to let it rest a while and then try it again……and happily, that worked! It was still all right in the morning, right up until Thursday night, when it had a second seizure! So off it went for a rest, then on again for about an hour….then a third seizure…..and off again! That’s been the pattern since then. Today it lasted until 3:30PM. Needless to say, I’ve spent several hours backing things up.
I’m very lucky to have another computer guru besides my son. He and his wife are very good friends of ours, and he is always coming up with ideas on how to improve my computer, as well as other computers in our circle of friends. He comes over, complete with parts and components and just improves things! This man is worth his weight in gold!
My timing is bad though…he and his wife are leaving for a two-week vacation tomorrow, so I’ll have to make do for a while. His advice was it might be update time. My computer has been faithful for a long time, so it may be time for a new one. I'll let you know what happens.
In the meantime, I’m going to try doing a post today and hope I get through it before the old duck croaks (or should I say quacks?). Oops…I’d better be nice.
I’ve taken lots of photos lately….so many lovely things to photograph! The tulips are blooming and the lawns and fields are beautiful shades of green. Trees are leafing out and the birds are coming in droves. I'll try to post a few soon.
I’ll put the hummingbird feeder out today and hope the little hummers show up. They should be here any day now.
If I don’t pop over to visit you for a while you’ll know why. It’s not because I don’t want to….there are so many of you that I haven’t had a chance to visit lately, and also new people to meet that have visited my blog recently! It’s been a busy time and after being away last weekend I’ve hardly had a chance to visit anyone. Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope to see you all soon!
I miss visiting you!

5 comments:

Susie said...[Reply]

Hope your computer problems are solved soon! Looking forward to all your pictures!
((hugs))
Susie

Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...[Reply]

Your story is sooo funny, but I know we're not supposed to laugh because your computer is having seizures and quacking like a duck about ready to die. This is serious computer stuff and we're not supposed to laugh, but I just can't help it...you wrote about it, in such a funny way.
I hope someone can take it out of its misery soon...I mean, I hope its problems clear up soon, so you can get back to posting and visiting my blog.

Anonymous said...[Reply]

Isn't it just the worst to not have a computer? Hope you get things straightened out soon. We will miss you.

Take care,
Connie

Naturegirl said...[Reply]

I hear you when you need a techy helper!I have a neighbor who keeps my PC running smoothly. I hate that when there is a problem and we cannot solve it on our own! You have 14 cats..oh my you lucky lady!!

Anonymous said...[Reply]

Your flowers are lovely and yur kitties are lovely also.