Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Playing Tag


I've been tagged by both Connie and Alice with the same meme, so I must comply.....


What were three things you wanted to be when you grew up?

1. An interior decorator
Ross was highly amused at this revelation. I think my style would be Country Clutter.


2. A Teacher
My mother said I didn’t have the patience. After raising 3 children (and a husband) I have learned patience!

3. A Nurse…..hey, there are some cute doctors out there!

You can relive one day from your childhood. Which one will it be?
The first day of a family vacation at Sussex Inlet, NSW, Australia.......As soon as we arrived, my father, brother and I went fishing in the small outboard motor boat that came with the rented cottage. I caught two decent sized fish and they caught none :) That night Mum cooked the best fish dinner I’ve ever tasted! I was about 10 years old.
You have two minutes (and a mover with you if you need heavy lifting help!) to grab 5 things from your home before it morphs into a polka dotted hobgoblin and hops away. What will you take? (Food/drink/family/friends excluded).
1. All 14 of the barn cats
2. Photographs
3. A toothbrush
4. My new camera
5. My Steinway piano……… a gift from my dear hubby. It was a steal and we’ll never find another deal like that again. And no, I can’t play it very well. Wish I could!

Can’t I just add one more so I can take my computer???

You have to paint one quote on your kitchen wall. What is it going to be?

"Housework makes you ugly"
I don’t really believe this….I just think it’s funny
What is the one thing you want to have accomplished by the end of the year?
To sort out and throw some unnecessary things away, and have a nice tidy house. Maybe I could have a garage sale! Tanya, you could come!

You are moving to the moon for one year and can only bring one flower with you. What kind will you bring?
An ivy geranium in a hanging basket. They just keep on blooming!
You just received word that aside from one flower you can also bring five books with you. Which ones will you bring?
1. The Bible
2. The Color Dictionary of Flowers and Plants for Home and Garden
(just in case they have plants up there that I need to identify)
3. Perfect Digital Photos in a Snap (have to learn how to use that camera properly).
4. Like Alice and ShellyC I’ll just have to take a large journal and a pen to record all those outerspace events.
5. And for pure entertainment value, the latest in the alphabet mystery series by Sue Grafton (she’d better have a new one out in time).

This is a totally unfair number because I’ll finally have time to read all those unread books on our shelves, and in the local library, and all those kids’ books in the library at school, and all those magazines, and………
Tagging 3 lucky people:

Kylie…..of course.
She got me started blogging and now it’s payback time! I really used to clean my house. Honest!

6 comments:

Alice said...[Reply]

If Tanya goes over to your garage sale then I'm definitely going to carry her bags.

Tanya said...[Reply]

Garage sale. Music to my ears. I'm there.

Reflection Through The Seasons said...[Reply]

Oh well done Kerrie, I enjoyed reading your tag. I'll have to make a start on mine v soon too. Marion

kylieps said...[Reply]

Wow Mum, you can be pretty vicious in your payback. Instead of picking a flower to bring to the moon with me can I bring yarn?
smooch

Anonymous said...[Reply]

"Housework makes you ugly"

That is going to be my favorite saying from now on...

You did a great job on your list. Take care,
Connie

Val said...[Reply]

Kerri,
thanks for the books graphic!

Now, if you had all your photos digitised and on your computer, you could take your computer as part of the 5 things you're allowed. The Other Val said she would take a book case filled with books - that's clever, wish I had thought of that.