Friday, April 14, 2006

Easter Blessings



At long last the daffodils are blooming, nodding their bright and beautiful heads in the sunshine and breezy April weather. These are just the first, with many more to come. I love them!! Those hills are still a grayish green, but soon they'll be verdant and glowing with the spring rains. Speaking of which, (rain, that is) we had some today. It's actually been quite dry for this time of year, so we need it. I'd much rather have the sunshine and warmer temperatures though. We were back to being chilly today. I know Alice and other blogging friends in Australia are wishing for rain, and I sincerely hope you get it! I think Sue in California sent their rain over to us to get rid of it. They've had more than their fair share lately. Thanks a lot Susie :)

Motherkitty, just want to let you know we're thinking of you and praying for your rapid recovery after you knee op. Sorry you're having so much pain. I do Hope it's much better very soon. We're missing you!

Sandy, thanks for keeping us posted with the updates on Motherkitty.

Jelly, thanks for that cute Koala picture that you posted to feed my nostalgia. How sweet is that?

Val, I hope you're not wearing your slippers to the footy...well, it's OK if you're watching an away game on the TV :) I hope Carlton wins!

Tanya, wear purple! (a pretty pastel shade for Easter).

Kylie, (my dear daughter) write something! I miss reading your posts. I know, I know, you've been busy...but you need to relax, and write something! It's not about you...it's about us! Do it for us!

Dear Marion, I hope you'll soon be free from that awful neck pain and feeling better. We're all missing your lovely posts.

I'd love to link you all, but I need to stop now...I'm getting carried away!

To each and everyone of my dear blog friends, may you have a very happy and blessed Easter with your family and friends!

P.S. Jelly, you got me started with this link thing. You shouldn't give me ideas! I did refrain from using any alluring alliteration though :)

14 comments:

WendyAs said...[Reply]

Happy Easter Kerri. I couldn't find egg dyes here. I wonder if they dye eggs like in the US. Interesting how countries are so different and alike all at the same time.
Enjoy lots of chocolate.

Sandy said...[Reply]

Happy Easter Kerri! Have a wonderful weekend.

Tanya said...[Reply]

How weird. I just read your post - and am wearing purple!!!

Hope your Easter is a great one.

Merle said...[Reply]

Hello Kerri ~~ Nice to meet you. I hope you and your family are having a lovely Easter. Thanks for your vist to my blog and leaving a comment. I try to
post some jokes as laughter is a great
medicine and we need some good news.
Our fibreglass cows were made locally and stay about all year long (except
when they need repairs.)
Cheers, Merle.

Jellyhead said...[Reply]

Love these links that lead to lots of literary ladies!!

Happy Easter, Kerri!

Miss Robyn said...[Reply]

there is nothing like daffodils to herald the arrival of spring and how perfect for Easter !

Alice said...[Reply]

I'm still enjoying your daffodils on my computer.

(I'm still trying to send you an email - my 4th attempt has gone via Kylie. Until the ISP gets its act together perhaps I will notify you through comments whenever I send one.)

Susie said...[Reply]

Hi Kerri,
Well I hope your theory about rain is proving accurate (you get rain when we get sun) 'cause guess what? It's pouring again! It was a great Easter, indoor egg hunts and all!
Hope you had a wonderful day as well!
((hugs))
Susie

Val said...[Reply]

Happy Easter Kerri! Ive had my two girls and their partners home for the weekend. Lovely and not a moment to sit and be idle! Our daffofdils are out in abundance, and there's no turning back the seasonal clock now - its downhill all the way to summer!

Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...[Reply]

Your daffodils are beautiful...I don't have nearly as many as I would like where I live now.
Happy Easter to you too.
You can get more Motherkitty updates from Tomas' blog. He has been posting about her condition and his link is on my page.

Patty said...[Reply]

Beautiful photos, I enjoyed my visit.

Michelle said...[Reply]

Love your photos of Emerging Spring....I still remember ho wtaht feels after years in Switzerland...just the anticipation of sunny days is wonderful.

Val said...[Reply]

No, no slippers at the footy, but coincidentally, there IS a type of footwear like slippers. They're called moccasins and have fur around the edges. But only Collingwood supporters would wear those to the footy, ha ha!

kylieps said...[Reply]

Hi Mum!
I swear I'll write something soon- I'm just a bit overwhelmed with work right now.
Love you,
Kylie